Re: RFC: Fix gdb 5.1 for Linuxthreads

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> This patch seems to work for me. Any comments? It also fixes debugging
> the statically linked linuxthreads binaries.

What's the rationale behind this patch.  Even though it might seem to
fix your problems, it looks wrong to me.  It seems to add "robustness"
in the wrong places, such that other assumptions that I made in the
lin-lwp.c module might be violated.  Certainly the outcome of
is_cloned() won't be correct in some cases.

The problem with attaching should be solved in a different way.  And
what's wrong with debugging statically linked LinuxThreads binaries?

Mark