Re: problem with cross-dev gdb

Hello Daniel,

thank you for the tip. I have evaluated already a new snapshot but it turned out into thesame segmentation faults
I encountered with gdb5.0 (with several patches for MIPS support). The segmentation faults appear to be caused on the
host and not on the target. (when turning on debug remote before setting a breakpoint, no data transfers are visible to or from the target
, only a segmentation error on the host).

For my target I have build a mipsel-linux-toolchain based on a recent SGI-tarball: GCC3.0-GLIBC-2.2.3-BINUTILS2.11.90.
This toolchain is even newer then the one I am using on my host: GCC2.95.2-GLIBC-2.XX-BINUTILS2.10.91
Is it possible that the host-target toolchain difference (especially glibc) prevent gdb to operate correct in cross-dev mode?

I have already been debugging the native gdb built for target mipsel-linux with another host debugger without finding real pointers
to the problem. Do you have some debugging tips?

thank you and kind regards,

Toon Diels

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com>@sources.redhat.com on 10/09/2001 20:30:52

Sent by:  gdb-owner@sources.redhat.com