Re: Continued MIPS kernel debugging symbols problem...

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 09:34:18PM -0500, Steven J. Hill wrote:
>     configure --prefix=/opt/tools --target=mipsel-linux-elf
>
> since my target is a NEC 5432 running in LE mode. I had
> also tried 'mips-linux-elf' targets earlier in the day
> with no difference. I am still getting the following
> mismatch in symbols:

(Could you try building a mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu debugger/compiler
instead?  Does it make any difference?  I don't expect it to.)

> I compiled my kernel with a toolchain that used the following
> versions of tools:
>
>     binutils-2.11.90.0.31 (HJLu patches applied)
>     gcc-3.0.1 (stock)
>     glibc-2.2.3 (minor build patches)

If you'll post a binary that you're having trouble debugging, I'll try
to find time in the next couple of days to see what GDB is doing wrong.