RE: gdbserver (was Re: parcelling up struct gdbarch)

Hi,
In this week I plan create own version of GDBSERVER.
This version to be abble to debug thread apps only on linux-x86 (in the end
of year I plan create STRONG ARM support).
This version base on i386-stub from Quality Quorum and Michael Synder
qSymbol packet support.

Current status is:
	support thread packet (qC with reply QC, qP with reply qQ, qL with
reply QM),
	support Zbreak packet (software breakpoint),
	support P packet (write register),
	support Hg packet (set general thread).
	support Standard Responses
	support Mandatory Requests

How to use:
on target side call: gdbserver <connection> <program_to_debug>
<args_program_to_debug>
on host side call: gdb			# (gdb version with support qSymbol
packet - check remote.c file revision 1.55)
on gdb: target remote <connection>
on gdb: symbol <program_to_debug>
on gdb: break <break_description>	# (now we can insert own breakpoint)
on gdb: continue				# (now we can all we need)

I can switch to another thread and use step or next command,
but I have problem when try use continue all thread (plan finish today).
When I change support own version mywait funtion I hope will be better.

Michal Korbel - Software engineer
Intel Technology Poland Sp. z o.o.; ul. Slowackiego 173; 80-298 Gdansk
tel. +48 58 34-81-726; fax: +48 58 34-81-505; mobile:+48 603-203-142