Re: 5.1 NEWS

Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:

> Hmm, how can I put this.
>
> GDB's Pascal support is new, people will have reasonable expectations
> and a keenness to help fix it.  GDB's C++ support, on the other hand,
> is old.  Unless told otherwize, people are going to assume that it all
> works perfectly, even for the new v3 C++ ABI.
>
> In using the word ``limited'', I'm trying to set expecations.  If you
> think there is a better turn of phrase then please put it forward.

Err, I have no problem with the words "limited support for the C++
v3.0 ABI". Put whatever you want there.  I'm just concerned that saying just "Pascal support" without
qualifying it will cause the user's expectations to be higher than
they should be.
I.E.
If I read in a news file that a debugger now had "Fortran Support",
I'd expect it to be at the same level as all the other languages,
whether it's new or not.

--
"I went to the hardware store and bought some used paint.  It was
in the shape of a house.  I also bought some batteries, but they