Re: Referencing C++ functions with non-demangled names.

"Daniel Manfis" <dany_100@yahoo.com> writes:

> > Errr, I need a test case, it works fine here.
> > I also need to know what compiler version, etc, you are using.
>
> linux : Mandrake 7.2 (kernel 2.2.17-21mdk)
> gcc   : 3.0, snapshot 20010423
> gdb   : 5.0 (RPM from/for Mandrake 7.2)

You can't use gdb 5.0 with gcc 3.0 snapshots and expect it to work. GDB 5 was
released before gcc 3.0 even branched, and doesn't have support for
the newer demangling style.

Use a newer gdb (like a snapshot), and it should work fine.

> to use "break _ZN2ns1fEv") Generally, namespaces are not recognized
> at all. For example, if i type "break ns::" and press <ESC-?>,
> instead of displaying functions from that namespace, all functions in
> the scope are displayed (as it happens when you type "break" and
> press <ESC-?>).
Once again, you have to quote it to get completion to work in 5.0.
It's a bug that's particularly heinous to fix in a clean way.

--
"I have a friend named Dennis.  Both of his parents were midgets,
but he isn't a midget.  He's a midget-dwarf.  He's two inches