Re: DOS/Windows-specific code: all the rest

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@is.elta.co.il> writes:
>   - What's the story with files 29k-share/udi/ ?  udi2go32.c seems to
>     be DJGPP-specific, while udi2soc.c and udr.c are the other way
>     around: all their code is ifdef'ed away under DJGPP.

I wrote those.  UDI required a custom version of go32 that had the UDI
interface libraries linked in, and a custom API between that go32 and
the program.  It was quite a hack.  On unix systems, the UDI interface
always sits on the other side of a socket, and it talks to the
hardware (or simulator) on your behalf.

UDI, btw, has a standard interface for all boards and simulators, so
that one debugger binary works with every target.  You can't just code
something in gdb and be done with it, you *have* to talk to these UDI
modules, which are provided by the vendor.

So, there needs to be one interface for each class of host environment
that UDI drivers exist for.