Cygwin GDB and Cisco format core file problems

Hi

I have made my core dump files to adhere to the cisco format. Now when I use
the cygwin provided gdb executable, and give it this file, gdb complaints
unrecognised core format.

My guess that I am missing a step in which I have to tell GDB, that this is
a file for i960 (bcoz the structure of the core file is processor dependent)
but I am unable to identify how to do this. Also do we somehow need to tell
GDB, that the core file adheres to Cisco format, or does GDB take care of
trying to match the core file against all the supported formats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sumit