Re: Using Simulator from within GDB

Hi,

I was using m32r port as a basis for a new port of my own. I wasn't clear
about how to debug an application with gdb using my ported simulator. I have
found the following command set from
http://sources.redhat.com/psim/manual/, which seems to be working fine.

m32r-elf-gdb a.out
(gdb) target sim
Connected to the simulator.
(gdb) load
(gdb) run

"Frank Ch. Eigler" wrote:

> Nitin Gupta <nitin@mobilygen.com> writes:
>
> : I am trying to use a simulator from within gdb 5.0. I am using m32r as
> : my processor's "skin" and using it I have generated files from CGEN,
> : giving it the m32r.cpu and m32r.opc files. I have also ported ld, gas,
> : simulator and also tested that, by writing a sample assembly code for my
> : processor and ran it on simulator after generating a.out from gas, and
> : ld.
> : [...]
>
> I don't understand -- do you mean you're using the m32r port as a basis
> for a new port of your own?  Or are you regenerating m32r just for fun?
>
> : This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
> : --target=m32r-elf"...
> : warning: little endian file does not match big endian target.
> :
> : (gdb) target sim
> : Target (LITTLE_ENDIAN) and configured (BIG_ENDIAN) byte order in
> : conflict
> : Target (BIG_ENDIAN) and specified (LITTLE_ENDIAN) byte order in conflict
> : [...]
>
> This is probably a sign of disagreement between gdb and linker.

Thanks for your comment, I got the bug

> - FChE

Thanks,
Nitin