gdb and SSE/SSE2

Help.

I'm attempting to write some SSE/SSE2 asm under Linux 2.4.2 and
a recent binutils snapshot and cannot find a command in gdb to
display the xmm0-7 registers. Do I need some version of gdb other
than 5.0 to do this? Is it even possible? gdb displays part of the
asm correctly so it is aware of SSE instructions themselves. This
version though seems unaware of SSE2 instructions.

Any pointers appreciated. Even one to the appropriate place to
ask this question if this isn't the right place.

Thanks,

Wes