This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Adding support for core files to DJGPP
- To: taylor at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Adding support for core files to DJGPP
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at delorie dot com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:34:29 -0500 (EST)
- CC: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, sandmann at clio dot rice dot edu, djgpp-workers at delorie dot com
- References: <200103301443.JAA24895@texas.cygnus.com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:43:39 -0500
> From: David Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> If you are designing the core file format for DJGPP, I would recommend
> making it an ELF file.
It sounds like that: you are the second person (out of two who
replied) who suggested that. Thanks.
> I believe that the Sys V ABI specifies for Sys
> V systems much of the core file layout stuff; rather than invent a new
> format, I would suggest using that.
Where can I find these specifications that you mention above?
> If you really want a custom core file format, for the GDB part, look
> at the struct 'core_fns' (gdbcore.h) and the functions in corelow.c.
> For examples, look at core-*.c.
> Good luck.
We'll need it, I know ;-)