This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: inferior_pid's magic value of zero.
- To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>, Todd Whitesel <toddpw at windriver dot com>
- Subject: Re: inferior_pid's magic value of zero.
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:10:03 -0700
- Cc: GDB Developers <gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <200103250917.BAA01899@alabama.wrs.com> <3ABE20D3.16B58CB6@redhat.com>
On Mar 25, 11:46am, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> Todd Whitesel wrote:
> > Would anyone object to patches that used a macro (say, NO_INFERIOR) instead
> > of the magic 0 that is currently used ?
> > Assuming the answer is yes, presumably we'd put the default #define to 0 in
> > inferior.h, and allow it to be overridden by tm.h.
> What about a multi-arch NO_INFERIOR that can be defined as a function in
> you *-tdep code?
> The default would be (iferior_pid == 0)
FYI, my yet to be applied ptid patches have a null_ptid object.