This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: xfer_memory(..., attrib, ...) post mortem
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: xfer_memory(..., attrib, ...) post mortem
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:44:45 +0200 (IST)
- cc: jtc at redback dot com, GDB Discussion <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> However, I do see something very similar to a ``flag day'' looming. A
> line needs to be draw in the sand after which point any target (read x86
> and arm) that isn't using gdbarch will be obsoleted.
> That line should probably be called ``5.2''.
IMHO, this requires that a document be written explaining how to move
a target to multi-arch, with practical suggestions and examples. I've
read what's available about this (several times), and I cannot say I
understand what needs to be done.