This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: MACROS in gdb ???
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: MACROS in gdb ???
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:52:00 +0200 (IST)
- cc: Aditya Chugh <Aditya at in dot huawei dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> I usually make an attempt at figuring out the problem in the
> optimized version; but sometimes either there just isn't enough
> debug information or the behavior is too confusing. At that point,
> I'll recompile the source file in question with lower optimization.
Yes, I agree: turning off optimizations should be the last resort, if
debugging optimized code is so confusing that you can't figure out
what's going on.
I find that it is usually unnecessary to turn off optimizations,
except in very rare cases.