This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Merging manuals (was Re: How do you use GDB to debug GDB)
- To: ac131313 at cygnus dot com, shebs at apple dot com
- Subject: Re: Merging manuals (was Re: How do you use GDB to debug GDB)
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <chastain at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:16:02 -0800
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, ischis2 at home dot com
Another argument for separation of gdb.texinfo and gdbint.texinfo:
gdb.texinfo is in some sense a public interface which is meant to be
stable. But information in gdbint.texinfo is not a public interface
and can change at any moment.
For example, someone could re-implement the symbol table with tries
instead of hash tables (I would really like this!). That would affect
gdbint.texinfo, but it would not affect gdb.texinfo.
Maybe "public"/"private" are not the right words but there is a
definite difference here.