This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How do you use GDB to debug GDB
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>, Michael Elizabeth Chastain <chastain at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: How do you use GDB to debug GDB
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:23:02 -0700
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, ischis2 at home dot com
- References: <Pine.SUN.3.91.1010320111702.7756K-100000@is>
On Mar 20, 11:17am, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> One thing puzzles me, though: why is the section "Debugging GDB with
> itself" in gdbint.texinfo instead of gdb.texinfo? Is there any reason
> not to move (or copy) it to gdb.texinfo?
Presumably there's little reason for the average user to want to
debug GDB (with itself). Therefore it's more suitable for such
material to appear in the internals document...