Re: m68k-coff + remote debugging

> To: gdb@sources.redhat.com
> Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> From: Nick Papadonis <npapadon@yahoo.com>
> Date: 16 Mar 2001 23:27:51 -0500

> I just built some code for a m68k-coff/68331 target.  I used
> 'm68k-coff-gcc -g -O0' to compile code.  Can I be correct in saying
> -O0 disables optimization?

Yes, generally speaking.

> When using gdb with my remote BDI, it appears some code is
> optimized.

Sounds odd.  Compile with -S and check to see if the code matches.  If
it doesn't relink/redownload...  If it does and you want to file a bug
report, run the code through -E and file a bug report with the
specifics.  For example, I tried to set a breakpoint at the line:

	    i = 1;

but it didn't stop.  The gdb list is slightly better than the gcc
list, until you know that the fault is with gcc.  The gdb folks will
know when gcc gets it wrong.  If you want to double check it yourself,
look at the debugging information and see if it is right, if it isn't
file a bug report.