This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
gcc regression tester now checks gdb testsuite too
- To: gcc-regression at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: gcc regression tester now checks gdb testsuite too
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:57:49 -0800
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
The GCC automated regression testing thingie has now had the gdb
testsuite added to the list of testsuites it checks, by request of the
GDB group at Red Hat. The tests add only 5 minutes to the testing
time and test an significant part of the compiler which otherwise
wouldn't be checked.
It seems that in the GDB testsuite, a whole test corresponds to a
.exp file. One consequence of this is that if a test (a .exp file) is
changed in a way that makes it fail, the automated tester will refuse
to upgrade to that version of gdb, believing that it is buggy.
Another consequence is that if there are parts of a test which fail,
then the tester won't consider it a regression if more parts of the
test start failing.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>