#line directives (bug?)

hey,

I was debugging a c-module attached to perl, and got the following weird
behaviour:

I break on one of the XS subroutines, XS_String__DiffLine_diffrevpos, for
example, and then proceed to step through the code.

Unfortunately, it seems that as soon as I hit a 'line' directive, the file gets
screwed up as far as gdb is concerned... I step through the code, and it skips
statements that are after the line directives. Remove the line directives
and everything works fine...

So what's going on? why doesn't gdb handle #line? Is this a bug or is there a
way to get around it?

Ed