This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Snapshot of 3/6/2001
- To: Stephen Smith <ischis2 at home dot com>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Snapshot of 3/6/2001
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 14:39:29 -0700
- References: <3AA7F87C.FD3F90A2@home.com>
On Mar 8, 2:24pm, Stephen Smith wrote:
> It tool 2.5 hours for insight gdb to configure and compile up to the utils/spu directory. How long should
> it take for that section to compile - I am up to 1.5 hours.
That seems excessive. I just tried it on one of my machines and it
finished in a matter of seconds.
One thing I noticed though is that when building spu.c, cc is used
instead of gcc. If you have a misconfigured cc or are trying to
build some sort of cross, it might not work. (This is a totally
The other thing I noticed is that this is not built by default, so
I'm wondering how you ended up building utils/spu in the first place?