This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB Search capabilities.. :)
- To: Fyodor <fygrave at tigerteam dot net>
- Subject: Re: GDB Search capabilities.. :)
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 12:14:37 -0800
- CC: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20010309000127.F42341@tigerteam.net>
> Add in commands like ADB's for searching for patterns, etc. We should
> be able to examine and patch raw unsymboled binaries as well in gdb as
> we can in adb. (E.g. increase the timeout in /bin/login without source).
This has been on the wishlist for forever it seems, so if you were
to work up an implementation that could be added, I think everybody
would be very happy. As far as I know, nobody has submitted a patch
for this already.
Ideally, there would be a target vector method that could be filled
in with code optimized for specific platforms as desired (for instance
by adding a new packet to a protocol), and a default implementation
that just uses normal memory read/write, and will be the slower
fallback available for all platforms.