This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 15:39:04 -0500
- CC: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>, GDB Discussion <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <200102161607.IAA23711@bosch.cygnus.com> <3AA149E4.3B6AAFA8@cygnus.com> <1010305202723.ZM5210@ocotillo.lan>
Kevin Buettner wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2:45pm, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > With that in mind my first thought was:
> > trunk: gdb-YYYYMMDD (gdb-20010229)
> > branch: gdb-B.B.B-YYYY-MM-DD (gdb-5.0.90-20010229)
> Of the various schemes that you proposed, I like this one the best.
> (I don't like the release number showing up in the trunk versions.)
Yes, that one addresses my concerns as well.
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9