This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>, GDB Discussion <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:27:23 -0700
- References: <200102161607.IAA23711@bosch.cygnus.com> <3AA149E4.3B6AAFA8@cygnus.com>
On Mar 3, 2:45pm, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> With that in mind my first thought was:
> trunk: gdb-YYYYMMDD (gdb-20010229)
> branch: gdb-B.B.B-YYYY-MM-DD (gdb-5.0.90-20010229)
Of the various schemes that you proposed, I like this one the best.
(I don't like the release number showing up in the trunk versions.)