This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- To: ac131313 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <chastain at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:39:17 -0800
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
Andrew Cagney suggests:
> trunk: gdb-5.1-20054705
> 5.1 branch: gdb-5.0.99, gdb-5.1 (tag), gdb-184.108.40.206, ...
Anything that is not "5.0" works for me.
I like having both a version number and a date in it. I would also
like "-cvs" for versions built out of CVS pulls (as opposed to
releases and snapshots).
> So again, to restart this discussion .... :-) Comments?
If the discussion comes to a conclusion, it would be helpful to record
the conclusion in PR gdb/22 as a spec for someone to do the work.
My two cents,