Re: [5.1/mi] SYNTAX CHANGE? - List ``[ ]'' vs ``{ }''

Andrew,

I strongly object to the use of "[]".  This will add another special
character and make things more difficult.

The output like {"1","2","4"} can easily be considered as a list value
by the parser.  The parser will need to have some description of the
expected result, even if in a lose way so it should still be able to
identify that this is a list value and not a list of values.

The {bp="1",bp="2",bp="4"} result should not be generated.  As we
currently have to share the output producing code with the CLI, we end
up generating things like this.  But I guess we should fix the source of
such anachronisms instead of changing the output format because of it.

It may be better to leave the output as is for 5.1 and see what the
parser implementers say.  If they complain, we can discuss the best
alternative and patch both the branch and the trunk.  As you said, it is
a simple change to the mi-out code.

Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser