This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 11:36:18 -0500
- CC: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <chastain at cygnus dot com>, GDB Discussion <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <200102161607.IAA23711@bosch.cygnus.com> <3AA149E4.3B6AAFA8@cygnus.com>
IMO the trunk should print something print R+1 (with something like
alpha, experimental, ot the like) to avoid confusion with the release.
This makes clear to people that they have something that have things
added,/removed/modified for more reasons than just bug fixes.
It is conceptually more appropriate as well, as the trunk sources are
what will become the next release.
Just my 2cents.
Andrew Cagney wrote:
> trunk: gdb-R.R.R-YYYYMMDD (gdb-5.0-20010229)
> branch: gdb-R.R.R.BB (gdb-5.0.90, ....)
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: email@example.com
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9