This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: z8k fixes (GDB 5.1)
- To: Christian Groessler <cpg at aladdin dot de>
- Subject: Re: z8k fixes (GDB 5.1)
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 12:30:41 -0500
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, GDB Discussion <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> My binutils assignment isn't finished yet, I will try to fix binutils
> first (which with my patches seem to work quite well for me).
> Later I might look into gdb then (if time permits etc..)
Here broken means ``it doesn't build''. If it builds but dumps core when
you try to run it then that just means that it doesn't work very well
Using current sources I'm seeing:
*** BFD does not support target z8k-coff.
*** Look in bfd/config.bfd for supported targets.
Configure in /home/scratch/GDB/X-z8k-coff/opcodes failed, exiting.
Since src/opcodes is shared with GDB, your changes will fix this part of
GDB as well.
For GDB 5.1, I'll document the z8k as broken. If the build problems get
resolved, let the GDB group know (email@example.com). The files
gdb/TODO and gdb/MAINTAINERS can then be updated to reflect that changed
> I created a z8k coff executable "hello".
> Start z8k gdb
> "target sim"
> "load hello"
Yes, that is correct usage.