This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- To: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: tracepoints
- From: Edward Peschko <edwardp at excitehome dot net>
- Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:50:09 -0800
I was wondering exactly how to use tracepoints - I'd like to be able to say
and then be able to see the exact steps that my program takes after I
hit 'run'. dbx has this capability; I don't see why gdb shouldn't.
I apologize if this is a FAQ or it has been asked and answered before,
1) the answer to this question is not in the FAQ
2) the man page doesn't have an answer either.
3) a search of the list archives shows that it has been *asked*
several times, but hasn't been *answered*.
so how about it? has anybody used the facility before and is there a
good pointer to how it is used?