This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB and shared libraries
- Subject: Re: GDB and shared libraries
- From: Stephen Smith <ischis2 at home dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:40:28 -0700
- CC: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <3A84136A.23BAF90F@home.com> <1010209182220.ZM4621@localhost.localdomain> <3A845A56.5EF8F61@home.com> <3A9AB471.5F46554@home.com> <1010226205415.ZM30678@localhost.localdomain> <3A9ADDF4.FD998D6E@home.com> <1010226233506.ZM13209@ocotillo.lan>
I take it you meant, Modify your shared library implementation of gdb...
Is that correct?
Kevin Buettner wrote:
> 1) Modify your shared library implementation so that solib-svr4.c
> (in the gdb sources) will work for you. Recall that in private
> email I suggested defining SVR4_FETCH_LINK_MAP_OFFSETS for your
> target. This is easy to do; just take a look at struct
> r_debug and struct link_map and figure out the offsets from
> the beginning of the struct to each member n the struct.
> Then construct a small function to fill in the fields of
> GDB's struct link_map_offsets. You may even be able to
> use the example at