This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Where is GDB going
- To: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- Subject: Re: Where is GDB going
- From: Quality Quorum <qqi at world dot std dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:29:35 -0500
- cc: GDB Discussion <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
> I would not worry about GPL 3.0. It is a hypothetical problem. Your
> concern should be whether GPL 2.0 allows you to do what you need to
> do; I believe it does. If a future GPL 3.0 is too restrictive, you
> always have the option of sticking with an older version of Gdb.
> The GPL does allow you to create your own fork, if you want to,
> from say Gdb 5.0.
This was my point, there is no sense for me do anything new in this are
until these issues are firmly resolved one way or the other. Thank you for
> --Per Bothner