This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [multi-arch] The frame as the global parameter (long, important)
- To: Nick Duffek <nsd at redhat dot com>, ac131313 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: [multi-arch] The frame as the global parameter (long, important)
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:53:18 -0700
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3A970102.68681EB2@cygnus.com> <200102262120.f1QLKtd00557@rtl.cygnus.com>
On Feb 26, 4:20pm, Nick Duffek wrote:
> Keeping those values in global variables could make the code more
> maintainable rather than less. We'd need to add explicit context switches
> at frame boundary crossings, but that seems lees onerous to me than adding
> extra parameters to hundreds (thousands?) of function calls.
Personally, I'd prefer to see one extra parameter added to those
functions which are already getting one (or more) parameters
implicitly via globals.