This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [multi-arch] The frame as the global parameter (long, important)
- To: jingham at apple dot com
- Subject: Re: [multi-arch] The frame as the global parameter (long, important)
- From: Nick Duffek <nsd at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:25:25 -0500
- CC: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200102261816.KAA06224@scv1.apple.com>
On 26-Feb-2001, Jim Ingham wrote:
>It would be cool if whatever determines the architecture of a frame could also
>fake the language so that when you found a "bytecode execute" call in a frame,
>gdb could translate this into the equivalent frame in the interpreted
That would be really neat.
We'd have to have a way to disable it, of course, to allow for debugging
the bytecode engine. But it would be terrific to be able to debug
embedded language code with GDB.