Re: Harvard proposal

Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:

> A CORE_ADDR is a cannonical address within the target address space.  A
> CORE_ADDR should, in theory, be able to identify every target byte (or
> if someone gets it working - word).

To clarify: By "target address space" do you mean the combined address
spaces of all the targets put together, or the address space of any
single target?  In other words, should a CORE_ADDR would also provide
some way of identifying a specific sub-space (i.e. specific target)?
Or should sub-space identification (which subsumes process id and host
network address) be something *separate* from the CORE_ADDR?

> However, as with traditional C, I'd suggest following the convention of
> CORE_ADDR (void*) for pointers and LONGEST (long) for offsets.

Again to clarify:  We're talking *target* void*, represented as an
integer type in gdb, not a pointer type.
--
	--Per Bothner