This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Register group proposal
- To: Stephane dot Carrez at france dot sun dot com
- Subject: Re: Register group proposal
- From: Nick Duffek <nsd at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:08:36 -0500
- CC: fnasser at redhat dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, insight at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200102211100.MAA29081@sunchorus.France.Sun.COM>
On 21-Feb-2001, Stephane Carrez wrote:
>It would be interesting then to take the 'grouping' into account by
>the new/next register API. The current semantics of `to_fetch_registers()'
>when a -1 is passed is to fetch all registers. You can see that as
>a group of all registers. I think it's then necessary to clarify or
>extend this semantics.
I like that idea.
>What about plugging the grouping in your regs_init_*() functions?
Yes, I'll do that.