This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
conditional traps on powerpc
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: conditional traps on powerpc
- From: Eric Marsden <emarsden at mail dot dotcom dot fr>
- Date: 19 Feb 2001 22:58:46 +0100
- Organization: LAAS-CNRS http://www.laas.fr/
I have a problem debugging a program which uses conditional traps on
powerpc (TWxxx instructions). Upon encountering these the linuxppc
kernel raises a SIGTRAP, which is grabbed by gdb. When running such a
program under gdb I can't distinguish between normal breakpoints and
these conditional trap instructions; debugging becomes impossible.
Is there some way to handle this situation, or is it necessary to
modify gdb so that it looks at the faulting instruction to determine
whether it was a conditional trap?
Eric Marsden <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>