This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- To: jtc at redback dot com, Michael Elizabeth Chastain <chastain at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:16:46 -0700
- Cc: ac131313 at cygnus dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200102161928.LAA00929@bosch.cygnus.com> <email@example.com>
On Feb 16, 11:57am, J.T. Conklin wrote:
> If I'm not misremembering the 5.0.XX convention (perhaps it's only
> used for formal 5.1 test releases), I'd approve the change. I
> strongly prefer that form to "-experimental". But I would prefer
> input from others, cuz it seems somehow wrong to approve your own
I think that 5.0.XX makes sense for the branch that'll eventually be
created for the 5.1 release. For the development sources, I think
that Michael C's suggestion of "5.1-experimental" (or whatever it was)
is preferable since it also clearly distinguishes between release
candidates and the ongoing development on the trunk.