This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: abort() to internal_error()
- To: jtc at redback dot com
- Subject: Re: abort() to internal_error()
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:11:50 -0500
- Cc: GDB Discussion <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>, Kevin Buettner <kevinb at cygnus dot com>
- References: <3A8D419B.35FE24C@cygnus.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"J.T. Conklin" wrote:
> This is good enough to go in as is, but I wonder if there is any way
> can improve the message. IMO "function calls abort ()" is wrong, or
> at best misleading, since the function no longer calls abort().
> Perhaps "failed internal consistancy check" is generic enough without
> mentioning abort()?
Thankyou! I couldn't think of anything sensible.
PS: Must not suggest ``Houston, we have a problem''....