This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- To: jtc at redback dot com
- Subject: Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at delorie dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:10:15 -0500 (EST)
- CC: chastain at cygnus dot com, ac131313 at cygnus dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200102161646.IAA23870@bosch.cygnus.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
> From: email@example.com (J.T. Conklin)
> Date: 16 Feb 2001 11:02:25 -0800
> Don't other GNU projects do things like 5.0.XX, where XX starts off at
> a high number like 80 and is periodically incremented until the next
They do, but during a pretest. For development versions, we'd
probably need to begin with 5.0.1 and increment it ;-)