Re: abort() to internal_error()

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com> writes:
Andrew> KevinB's kindly cooked up a script that will replace all instances of:
Andrew>
Andrew> 	abort ();
Andrew>
Andrew> with
Andrew>
Andrew> 	internal_error (__FILE__, __LINE__, "function calls abort ()");
Andrew>
Andrew> Applying and committing this script will signify the end of a very long
Andrew> campain I've been waging with GDB - to significantly reduce the
Andrew> likelhood that GDB dumps core.

This is good enough to go in as is, but I wonder if there is any way
can improve the message.  IMO "function calls abort ()" is wrong, or
at best misleading, since the function no longer calls abort().
Perhaps "failed internal consistancy check" is generic enough without
mentioning abort()?

Of course, these can, and I suspect will be changed to be specific to
the error condition in the fullness of time.

        --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
RedBack Networks