This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Mentioning PR's in ChangeLogs
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Mentioning PR's in ChangeLogs
- From: jtc at redback dot com (J.T. Conklin)
- Date: 16 Feb 2001 11:18:08 -0800
- Cc: GDB Discussion <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <3A8D7872.18F39077@cygnus.com>
- Reply-To: jtc at redback dot com
>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Cagney <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Andrew> So anyone know what correct protocol is? A ChangeLog should definitly
Andrew> standup on its own right vis:
Andrew> * foo.c: Fix pr/12
Andrew> being definitly invalid. Beyond that, I don't know.
IMO, the ChangeLog entry for a change that fixes a PR should be no
different than any other ChangeLog entry, except perhaps some tag
that indicates the PR. There are no conventions for this in
standards.texi, at least not the last time I looked. It would be
good to be consistant.
How about just appending "(pr/XX)" to the end of the description? IMO
that works well for single line changes, less so for others.