This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <chastain at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: CVS versions of gdb have same number as stable version.
- From: jtc at redback dot com (J.T. Conklin)
- Date: 16 Feb 2001 11:02:25 -0800
- Cc: ac131313 at cygnus dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200102161646.IAA23870@bosch.cygnus.com>
- Reply-To: jtc at redback dot com
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Elizabeth Chastain <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Michael> I was sorta checking that no one would object to
Michael> "5.1-experimental" when I do submit it.
The only issue I might have is that the "-experimental" tag tells you
it's not a real 5.1 release, it does not give you any clue from where
in the 5.1 development cycle the sources were cut.
Don't other GNU projects do things like 5.0.XX, where XX starts off at
a high number like 80 and is periodically incremented until the next
Another alternative would be a date stamp, similar to GDB snapshots.