This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Harvard proposal
- To: ac131313 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Harvard proposal
- From: Nick Duffek <nsd at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:41:43 -0500
- CC: cagney at redhat dot com, dje at transmeta dot com, eliz at delorie dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, jimb at cygnus dot com, kevinb at cygnus dot com, msnyder at cygnus dot com, per at bothner dot com, taylor at cygnus dot com
- References: <3A899B67.4A37902E@cygnus.com>
On 13-Feb-2001, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>Just FYI, while the mapping is user visible it is also very entrenched.
>BFD, which doesn't handle segmentation either, uses that ``cannonical''
>address form in its linker scripts and relocations.
Yes, that's one reason why the ADDR_IN_OBJ* macros are needed.