This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Register cache
- To: Nick Duffek <nsd at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Register cache
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:23:41 +0200 (IST)
- cc: kettenis at wins dot uva dot nl, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Nick Duffek wrote:
> >Therefore I propose to make this "official" and change
> >the comment on target_fetch_registers() to:
> > /* Fetch at least register REGNO, or all regs if REGNO == -1. */
> I think that's a great idea.
> >Another question is whether we should make this behaviour (I mean
> >having target_fetch_registers() supply all registers it managed to get
> >in one go) recommended practice.
> I don't agree with that. There are times when GDB just needs one
> register, and it may be much more efficient on some targets to fetch one
> register than to fetch all of them.
So you are telling, in effect, that it's okay to have
i387_supply_fsave get all the FP registers, and x86 targets which
don't like that should provide ther own code instead of using