This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
GDB needs a --cmdline option
- To: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: GDB needs a --cmdline option
- From: Mo DeJong <mdejong at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 17:31:16 -0800 (PST)
Hi all. I was just going through the pain of creating
--command files to run my program when it struck me (again)
that gdb should be able to handle this. Last year, I
posted a note about this, it generated some discussion
of how it could be implemented:
As far as I know, nothing has happened on this front so
I am back in an attempt to get it done or die trying.
I am willing to jump in the code and do some hacking
if folks could point me in the right direction and
tell me what bits to avoid. The features I need are:
1. The ability to pass program args on the command line.
Currently, I run `echo "set args arg1 arg2' > gdb.run ; gdb ...
2. The ability to have GDB run in a pipeline, if the
program does nothing wrong then gdb would do nothing
and return the exit() code of the program.
Currently, I need to go in by hand and figure out what
the stdin and cmd line args are for the Nth command
in a pipeline, it is really quite painful.
Red Hat Inc