Re: harvard architectures - the d10v

FYI,

Per Bothner wrote:

> The cleanest solution would be to define CORE_ADDR as a struct:
>
> struct core_addr {
>   struct address_space *target;
>   uint64_t addr;
> };

Yes.  People have talked about doing this for longer than I can
remember.  Problem is, making CORE_ADDR an object is only a tiny part of
the solution and, to be honest, probably comes last in the long list of
things to change.  As a broad strategy, I'd expect all the prototyping
to be done using functions that take a CORE_ADDR and then, only at the
last moment, would someone push a button and change it to a struct.

	enjoy,
		Andrew