This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: libpthread.so -g??
- To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: libpthread.so -g??
- From: Mathieu Dube <mathieu_dube at videotron dot ca>
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:48:54 -0500
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: Mondo-live
- References: <email@example.com> <3A7F1CFB.632B8F97@redhat.com>
- Reply-To: mathieu_dube at videotron dot ca
No executable file.
what does that mean??
On Mon, 05 Feb 2001, you wrote:
> Mathieu Dube wrote:
> > Hi,
> > is libpthread supposed to be compiled with -g flag?
> > Coz my app crashes and gdb outputs 0x43d454 in ?? () and since all my
> > files are compiled with -g and that I also recompiled the postgres API with -g
> > in the CFLAGS
> > The only other .so that Im using is pthread so I wondering if it
> > crashes somewhere in there...
> > So should gdb be able to get symbol from libpthread ??
> Stop your program with a breakpoint at main and try "info shared".
> This should give you the range of addresses where each shared library
> is loaded (as "info file" will tell you where your executable sections
> Fernando Nasser
> Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
> 2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
> Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9