This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: finding a function with address
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Subject: Re: finding a function with address
- From: Greg McGary <greg at mcgary dot org>
- Date: 05 Feb 2001 10:20:58 -0700
- Cc: "J.T. Conklin" <jtc at redback dot com>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <Pine.SUN.3.91.1010205112849.5862O-100000@is>
Eli Zaretskii <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> In other words, there doesn't seem to be a way of getting a symbol
> name given its address, unlike "info symbol" promised?
I always get symbol names like so:
(gdb) p/a 0x4b940
However, if the `info symbol ADDR' doesn't work, then this might not