This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Proper test status if gdb test detects a g++ bug?
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <chastain at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Proper test status if gdb test detects a g++ bug?
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 11:52:49 -0800
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200102040827.AAA29200@bosch.cygnus.com>
> Alternative #2A is to treat a known bug in an external component as
> an XFAIL. If I just use "setup_xfail", then the test will give XPASS
> when the user has g++ 3.0 (g++ 3.0 fixed this bug). I am lukewarm about
> this but it's simple to code.
That is more or less the definition of XFAIL. You'll need to figure out
a way of only marking that test as XFAIL for that specific compiler.