This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Proper test status if gdb test detects a g++ bug?
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <chastain at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Proper test status if gdb test detects a g++ bug?
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 10:47:03 +0200 (IST)
- cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> So, if I use the correct test , then the test will fail when the
> tester uses a g++ 2.95 compiler. Personally I like it this way. g++
> 2.95 has this bug and I think a gdb test script should issue a FAIL,
> even though the bug is in a different component. That's alternative #1.
IMHO, fail the test, but print a message about it being a known bug with