This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Unable to step through ARM code using insgiht-5.0
- To: John Hughes <john at AtlanTech dot COM>
- Subject: Re: Unable to step through ARM code using insgiht-5.0
- From: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:45:45 -0500
- CC: ahmed at thyron dot com, GDB Mailing List <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <NCBBLMGKIKDGJMEOMNMEOEMCHJAA.john@AtlanTech.COM>
John Hughes wrote:
> > Ahmed, I seem to remember that there was something broken in gdb 5.0
> > That GDB is way old. All people I know that debug using RDI targets
> > have long since got a newer version of GDB.
> Huh? That's the newest gdb there is!
That is an official release and, yes, it is the latest one.
It is old nevertheless.
I am suggesting him to get one of the development snapshots from the FSF
repository at sources.redhat.com. In the case of ARM RDI targets it is
probably way better than 5.0, despite being a development version.
Red Hat Canada Ltd. E-Mail: email@example.com
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300
Toronto, Ontario M4P 2C9